Before and After Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia or while taking pain medication.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Please do not wear nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, fever, sore throat, runny nose or productive cough, please notify the office before your surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Barbick, Dr. Hamilton, Dr. McCaskey, Dr. Watts, Dr. Yuan or Dr. Zastrow prior to your surgical date for instructions on taking these medications or need to discontinue these medications before your planned surgery.